Monday, September 16, 2013

Simple Solutions - Rubber Bands

As hard as I try to prevent bringing things into my home that will have to been thrown away or for which I have more than I can possibly use, sometimes it seems unavoidable.  One example is rubber bands.  Even when shopping at a local farmers market for organic produce, you're still likely to bring home rubber bands because they are often necessary to hold your asparagus bundle together.  But don't give up.  There are alternatives to throwing them away.  Here's one idea...



But for a simpler more practical, simpler solution is simply to return them.  I give them back to my grocery store cashiers and farmers market vendors.  I find they are happy to take them back for reuse, particularly the organic stands.  They get it!

1 comment: