Thursday, August 22, 2013

Simple Solutions - For Women's Eyes Only

I am guessing that most if not all of my audience at this point are women.  But if there are any male readers out there, feel free to skip this week's post.  Then again, if you are one of those men that have had to make the ever embarrassing tampon run for your wife or girlfriend, then you may want to read more because this would eliminate you ever being put in that position again.

Simple Solution #2: "Feminine Care Products"

I know many of you may be reluctant to open your mind to this alternative, but I can say with 100% honesty that I wish I had learned about it sooner.  Zero Waste aside, I completely prefer using these products.  In the 5 months that I have been using them, I have never had a leak, not even at night.  Another benefit is the cost savings.  For about $50-$60, you will never have to by tampons or panty liners again!!

Tampon Alternative: The Mooncup.  It comes in 2 sizes depending on whether you have birthed a child and can be found at Amazon.com (and other places I am sure).



Panty Liners: Cloth Washable Liners.  There are several brands available at Amazon.com or etsy.com in all sorts of fun colors and designs.  See links below.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_0_11?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=cloth%20panty%20liners&sprefix=cloth+panty%2Caps%2C176&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Acloth%20panty%20liners

http://www.etsy.com/search?q=cloth%20panty%20liner&order=most_relevant&view_type=gallery&ship_to=US&ref=auto3

Helpful Tips: I got a washable wet/dry case (i.e., separate compartments for each) to carry my supplies and use a small squirt bottle (it's actually a travel shampoo bottle I found in one of my drawers) for rinsing.  These are particularly handy for work, travel or public restrooms.  I keep the bottle filled with water and use it to rinse the Mooncup after emptying into the toilet.  Then when I wash my hands, I simply fill the bottle back up for next time.  The wet/dry tote (see pic and link below), comes in all sorts of patterns/colors.



http://www.amazon.com/Planet-Wise-MINI-Wet-Dry/dp/B005WWHU86/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1377205170&sr=8-7&keywords=planet+wise+wet+bag

No comments:

Post a Comment